COMMITMENT TO OUR COMMUNITY, STAKEHOLDERS & DONORS
Along with the rest of the world, we’ve been closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19. It has brought uncertainty and disruption to the communities we serve, but Boys & Girls Clubs of Harrisburg top priority has not changed: the health and safety of the children we serve.
I wanted to take a moment to keep you informed on how we are doing everything we can to ensure the well-being of our Club members, as well as the staff and volunteers who work at/with the Club.
We remain in close and regular contact with local, regional and state health officials and are monitoring the regular updates from the Federal government, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the World Health Organization (WHO). Though the situation around the virus remains fluid, our goal is to continue our mission – to serve those kids who need us the most – both during and after the crisis affecting all of us now.
Here are some of the proactive steps we’ve quickly taken to continue to protect the well-being of our members, as well as to continue the important work of Harrisburg
We started staging grab-and-go dinners almost immediately after we closed our facilities. We a lead agency in this efforts assisting families in the neighborhoods we serve and beyond! Our Club’s mantra from the beginning has been “Whatever Takes.” Our club staff were willing to do whatever it takes to support our Club kids and their families, and providing meals was a powerful way to do that.
1. Reinforced our Standard Operating Procedures on safety, with additional emphasis on virus prevention protocols across the organization and to our Club members’ families.
2. Expanded sick leave and pay policy for Club staff members to reduce their risk of contracting and spreading infections, and ensure they have the necessary support during these uncertain times.
3. Defined what resources we can provide to our kids and families, whether the Club itself remains open or closed.
4. Utilized virtual resources provided by Boys & Girls Clubs of America to continue connection and engaged with Club members remotely.
5. Taken extra steps to ensure our Clubhouses are clean, sanitized and that those who enter are symptom-free.
The safety and well-being of our Club members remains our foremost priority, and we will continue to share updates with you as quickly and transparently as possible.
What Can You Do?
If you are interested in taking action to support the Club’s mission during this crisis, consider the following:
Continue to support us. We need you now more than ever! Our kids – and their parents – will need us throughout this crisis.
Continue to talk about the important work the Club does to your network and the greater community.
Ask your company if they are interested in a matching opportunity to support the important work of the Club.
Like us on social media. Share, Click, Comment.
Mail gift cards from local grocery stores to our office for distribution to families in need