WHO WE ARE
In 1950, the Berryhill Street Club completed construction of a larger clubhouse to accommodate a membership of 650. By 1962, Club membership had swelled to over 1,000, necessitating enlarging the Berryhill facility. By 1968, membership had grown to over 1,300.
In order to meet the needs of an increasing membership, as well as providing services in another section of the city, the Club opened a second Clubhouse on Hanover Street in south Harrisburg in 1981. Known as the John N. Hall Clubhouse, this unit was significantly enlarged in 1994. In 1995, the Berryhill Street facility, now renamed the Angino Club House, began a long-term renovation program in order to meet the needs of the surrounding community and prepare for the challenges of the next century. A third unit was opened in 1997 in the Howard Day Homes. This unit, a joint effort of the Harrisburg Housing Authority and the Boys & Girls Club of Harrisburg, is known as the Cumberland Road Clubhouse and currently serves over 200 children in this mid-town Harrisburg neighborhood.
We offer a drug-free, alcohol-free atmosphere with caring professionals. They provide not only a safe and positive place to be, but also offer programs geared to today's challenges through specific structured and guidance-oriented activities including:
• Socialization and team building through sports and recreation
• Vocational motivation through training and job placement
• Educational motivation through remedial studies and tutoring
• Individual and group guidance to address special needs and develop specific talents
JUST A SAMPLE OF OUR SPONSORS & SUPPORTERS
The Boys & Girls Club of Harrisburg has partnered with organizations and individual supports to bring programs and services to our youth.